Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Adam Curry Caught in Sticky Wiki

Former MTV veejay and podcasting entrepreneur Adam Curry appears to have been caught anonymously editing the podcasting entry on Wikipedia to remove credit from other people and inflate his role in its creation. I listened to one of Adam Curry's podcasts, Podfinder, a while ago, and just by the way he talks this story doesn't surprise me. Wikipedia isn't really that great of a source. I like to use it to look up trivial information such as timelines for books or to just explore, but this proves how easy it is to change. I did not know that Wiki saves your IP address. I'm very impressed by this, this definately proves that Wikipedia is somewhat legitimate. PS I thought this was funny, the comments made on the story: Why do YOU care? Because I am a bad person, Charles. That's going to be my standard disclaimer from now on whenever somebody wanders in here to challenge me on professional, ethical, temporal, spiritual, astral, or ethereal grounds. I was born bad. And I only got worse. Rogers Cadenhead | 2005-12-01 07:42 PM | link Is Charles his real name? I want to have his baby. Suzy Creamcheese | 2005-12-01 07:57 PM | link For what it's worth, I really like tacos. Jimbo | 2005-12-01 07:59 PM | link

read more | digg story

No comments: