Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Gamecube loses Starcraft: Ghost

VIA Joystiq: GameCube loses Starcraft: Ghost

starcraft ghost
Sad news for GameCube owners. Today, Blizzard announced that its upcoming console game, Starcraft: Ghost, will forego a release on the GameCube. A Battle.net moderator cited online issues for the cancellation: “Unfortunately the GameCube has no online service and since so much work is going in to the online portion, it would be additional work to release only part of the intended game.” The moderator is quick to point out, however, that “the GameCube and Revolution will still be considered for future products.”

The game will still be released on the Xbox and PlayStation 2. For those wondering, Starcraft: Ghost will be played through Battle.net for PS2 owners and Xbox Live! for those with Microsoft’s console.



Sigh. You know, I love Blizzard. I just started getting into Warcraft II again and now I can finally run Warcraft III and Diablo II... I was looking forward to this game but I can't say that as a Gamecuber I didn't see this coming.

No comments: